This handbook contains useful administrative information about the Doctoral Training Partnership, its structure, access to training and development opportunities and useful contacts. Please read it carefully and keep for future reference. The handbook will be reviewed annually.
It is your responsibility to understand the rules and regulations that govern your PhD, so you should also read the regulations and codes of practice for your home university:
- University of Bath: http://www.bath.ac.uk/quality/cop/statements.html
- University of Bristol: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/academic-quality/pg/cop-research-degrees.html
- Cardiff University: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/public-information/quality-and-standards and https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/public-information/policies-and-procedures/academic-regulations
- University of Exeter: http://as.exeter.ac.uk/academic-policy-standards/tqa-manual/pgr/
Please also ensure you check your university e-mail address regularly. If you decide to use another e-mail address, you must ensure your university e-mail address is redirected accordingly, as all communications related to your studentship or the DTP will be sent to your home institution e-mail address only.
As an MRC-funded DTP student, please ensure you familiarise yourself with and abide by the following UKRI/MRC documents and policies:
- UKRI ’Conditions of research council training grants’: April 2021 https://www.ukri.org/publications/terms-and-conditions-for-research-grants/
- UKRI ‘Students and training grants’ updated April 23 https://www.ukri.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/UKRI-04042023-UKR_Training-Grant-Terms-And-Conditions-April-2023.pdf
In addition, you should note the following policies:
- UKRI Data Protection Policy: Data protection policy – UKRI
- UKRI Corporate Policies and Standards including Equality and Diversity , Environmental Sustainability, GDPR and research and Freedom of Information Corporate policies and standards – UKRI
Regulation and Policy on working with animals: Regulation and policy – UKRI